~ WHERE ~
From the comfort of your home… Space in the workplace… or simply when out and about.
~ WHEN ~
Every Wednesday or any day that is good for you place a call to your elected official to promote the passage of the Equal Rights Amendment with weekly calls to U.S. Senator Graham at (202) 224-5972 and your U.S. Senators at the United States Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121.
We need you to call U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham and your two US
Senators asking that they hold urge Senator Graham to hold
hearings on S.J. Res 6. And then ask 10 of your family, friends, and
co-workers to call U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham and their two U.S.
Senators. Then have these same 10 people to call their 10 friends
and have them do the same and so on and so. Till everyone
is calling the U.S. Congress demanding hearings on the Removal
of the Deadline on the ERA.
If 1 x 10 = 10 then 10 x 10 = 100 then 100 x 100 = 1000 then 10 x 1000 = 10,000 then 10 x 10,000 = 100,000 10 x100,000 = 1,000,000 and so on and so forth.
~ WHAT ~
We focus on the Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee asking him to hold hearings. S.J. Res 6 calls for the removal of the deadline.
~ WHO ~
We the People who are dedicated to Equality for All are making the following Declaration and hereby are petitioning the U.S. Senate to join the U.S. House in removing the deadline imposed on the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA).
~ HOW ~
How to make your call to the U.S. Senate.
Identify yourself and state that you are calling in your individual capacity, and reference the organizations that you are either in a leadership role, a member
of or working alongside. Then state that you are petitioning
A succinct message:
Good Day My name is _____________ and I am calling in my individual capacity (and as a member of __________________) are petition with my fellow Americans across the country for the passage of the ERA into the US Constitution.
1. Co-sponsor of SJ Res. 6 – Remove the Deadline
on the ERA, which has passed through the U.S. House Chamber and
that resolution number is HJ Res. 79; and
2. Speak to their colleagues; and
3. Issue a Press Release; and
4. Place on their website as an important issue; and
5. Expediently hold hearings and then a mark-up session,
and move it to the floor for a vote; and
6. Vote Yea when SJ Res. 6 comes to the floor for a vote.
Be sure to give at least one reason as to why this is important to
you a personal antidote/story is compelling. Here are several
good issues that the Equal Rights Amendment will address:
1. Equal Pay for Equal Work; and
2. Domestic Violence; and
3. Healthcare (i.e. Reproductive Health; and Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Physician & Hospital Care, etc.); and
4. Education (Early Childhood Development Programs, Access to Arts & Sciences, Ongoing and Continuous Learning Programs; and
5. Employment Opportunities in both the Public and
Private Sectors and not limited to Civil or Government at Careers; and
6. Prejudice and Racism – how without the Equal Rights Amendment the hidden face of prejudice and racism will continue to be masked and that piecemeal legislation does not directly address these concerns; and
7. Economic growth – being that single mothers or women that are head of the households spend their monies on their families the more money they earn the more they have to spend as well as invest or build new enterprises.
Conclude the message by stating that you will follow-up with them next week. Leave your email and phone number and zip code at the end of your call.
Let’s maximize our collective power for the ERA by engaging organizational strength and schedule for weekly calls today.
The GroundSwell Petition
To U.S. Senator Graham and U.S. Representatives – Hold Hearing on Removing the Deadline on the ERA was submitted by Katrina’s Dream and entered
into the record as Written Testimony Educational Pack for the U.S. House hearing held on April 30, 2019. This petition is being sent to all members of the U,S, Senator to petition them to co-sponsor SJ Res, 6 and to vote Yea when the resolution comes to the floor for a vote.
To add your name to the petition Click Here